Sunday, September 9, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 25

September 8, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: When the scale defined my day. I've given up the scale to Scarlett. And what I love is that the scale doesn't matter, it's not even an indicator or progress on my journey right now. I'm learning to trust the process without the pressure and games the scale plays. It will go up, it will go down.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: The constant bantering from my eating disorder. The more threatened it feels, the louder and more viciously it tries to take back it's reign. It's getting quieter, though. At times I can feel it's grip loosen, even if just for a second. That's enough for now. It will get tired as long as I continue to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment