Sunday, September 16, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 32

September 16, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: Calorie counting. When what I allowed myself to eat was controlled by what the nutrition labels said. I have learned everything there is to know about food, food labels, how the body uses and breaks down food, how it's stored, how it's depleted ... That is no longer the basis for food options. I pick food challenges based on how it feels, sounds, smell, spices and herbs. If I can taste it, and I like it then it's good. If I don't like it, then I don't have to eat it, but the calories? Not a factor anymore.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: When I run into people I haven't seen in a long time and they are shocked that I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment