Saturday, September 1, 2012

Destination Recovered: Day 17

September 1, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: Having a "sitter" because an MHS has been called for the 2nd time (and 3rd and 4th) to evaluate whether or not I was too sick to know how to make medical decisions for myself ... This is the process that starts the involuntary holds and court proceedings. Sitters basically sit with you 24 hrs a day so you can't run away or harm yourself before the MHS can get to you. I suppose it sucked for both of us because neither of us could leave, or walk around or go anywhere. I'm not even sure they are allowed to talk to you. It's not a way to live. It's not really even living at all at that point.

What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: Muscle cramps. Particularly the foot ones. They all suck but the foot ones seem to come for me only in the middle of the night and all night long. Leg cramping isn't much better, especially in the calves. Hand cramps seem to be the easiest to handle ... Ha! "hand"le ... What am I talking? The cramps suck ass. I won't miss them, on any level.

No comments:

Post a Comment