Saturday, August 18, 2012

Destination Recover(ed) Day 3

August 18, 2012

What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder: I don't miss hearing a judge tell me I am gravely disabled and that based on the subpoenaed statements of my friends, family, treatment team and medical staff, found to be medically incompetant and involuntarily forced into the hospital pending further treatment and evaluation. I definitely don't miss that or the fight to get my rights back. I'm glad that is over.

What I am NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: The horrible zap of energy. The reserve that I don't have that makes the common cold a life or death situation. I can't wait to be able to have a simple runny nose and not end up in the ICU. And I think I'm getting pretty damn close to this goal! Or at least well on my way!

3 comments:

  1. keep it up girly! i'm proud of you because i know that this journey is immensly hard because i am going through it too!! when you come in please come say hi =) i have a present for you because i heard through the grapvine that you enjoy something that i do and i would love to share it with you!! hope to see you soon and i will def. be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing connection lysster! So glad you're doing the impossible work it takes to recover, and we are all proud of you every day. Oh, and the present is a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lysster! I'm proud of you,too (and everyone else) for not only having the courage to step up and go through the process of recovering but also finding the strength to push on through the most difficult thing you'll ever faced. I have always heard "it's the hardest thing you'll ever do" and I've always felt like rolling my eyes when I heard it thinking, "of course it's going to be hard!" and brushing it to the side like some dime a dozen phrase you'd put on a t-shirt. But I never realized just how hard it really is until now and I'm faced with it and now I know, it's probably the hardest thing I'll ever do. So, yay for team recovery! We're doing the impossible every day! And yay for pressent?! I'll come say HI when I get back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete