Thursday, August 16, 2012

Destination Recover(ed)


Through Ramey Nutrition's rebellious history of treating eating disorders, I've seen it all, or so I thought. Lately, though, I can honestly say I am bowled over with emotional pride for our Recovering patients, that it literally brings tears to my eyes.  The patient below has a 20 year history of Anorexia, has been to multiple treatment facilities and has now been more consistent with her recovery than she ever has been.  She came up with the following activity that we have decided to call Destination Recover(ed).

 
She will be posting daily what she doesn't miss about her eating disorder now that she is Recover(ing), and what she is not going to miss when she is Recover(ed). Stay tuned! Super inspiring

OK, since I'm not Recover(ed) I decided to remind myself of two things; What I don't miss about my eating disorder and what I'm not going to miss once I am Recover(ed). I AM however, Recover(ing). Today, 
August 16, 2012:
What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder:  I don't miss having someone follow me to the bathroom. I don't miss not being allowed to flush the toilet after using it.
What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder:  Ensure/Plus, Boost/Plus and my feeding tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment