Monday, August 20, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 5

August 20, 2012

What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder: Being snapped at. My brain function slowed way down and I would dissassociate constantly. When I was at an eating disorder treatment center in Bellevue, my psychiatrist was always snapping her fingers at me in group and individual therapy. My comprehension was gone, I could not carry a conversation or socially interact because my brain wasn't functioning. The worst was when I was with friends and I couldn't keep up with their lives.

What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: weight restoration. It. SUCKS. I know I just became consistent and stable but I know this is coming and I do not look forward to when it really starts. I've experienced it on a small scale before (haha no pun intended) and so I know it's not going to be fun. BUT it is part of the process, part of recovering and so it kind of has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment