Sunday, August 26, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 11

August 26, 2012

What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder: The day I was told I had to give up running track and x-country because I was too sick to compete.

What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: Compromising my health to do the things I want to do even though I'm probably not healthy enough to do them yet. Some days I have this incredible feeling where I feel healthy and energetic and it's totally a buttload of crap. A total false sense of health... And I find I still fall for it and start doing things that deplete that small buffer of "safety zone" and then all that work I've done is gone and I wonder why I feel like my heart is going to explode when I try to move, or why my vision goes out and I fel like passing out when I walk down the hallway at home. I'm not going to miss those days when I'm just not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment