Saturday, August 25, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 10

August 25, 2012

What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder: The day I overheard my therapist talking to the director of the out patient treatment facility I was in when I was 17. Neither of them knew I was sitting alone in the lobby just around the corner. Let's just say the words and phrases "hopeless" "critical" "depressing" "one of the reasons I hate my job" "the downside of this profession" "unsaveable" "sad, very sad" were spoken. And then when they came around the corner and realized I was sitting there and heard their conversation, I was actually the one who had comfort them and tell them it was ok because they were right and only speaking the truth. Think I had trust issues after that?

What I am NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: Make ups. That means after panicking because I missed a night of my feeding tube or I missed drinking some Ensures, I get to make them up on top of my regular intake the next day. Yeah. I hate make ups. I'm not going to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment