Friday, August 31, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 16

August 31, 2012

What I DON'T MISS about my eating disorder: I don't miss the moments and the times and days and years when I had no fight in me. The overwhelming lack of hope that I felt and overpowering strength of my eating disorder that stole from me my desire to try and my believe that I was worth it. The days of passivity are finally long gone and I no longer feel like lying down and taking it. I will go down fighting. No, I will not go down. I believe that 'No' can be one of the most positive words in the world; "No" I will not be defeated. "No" I will not give up!

What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: Spending the majority of my life and days and time thinking about and talking about and dreaming about and working on my eating disorder. Some day I am going to be more interesting. This is far beyond necessary right now, I know and accept that but when I get my life back and I can plan adventures instead of meals ... I'm not going to look back.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tough but I know you can make it girl. I feel that there is not much I can do but bear witness to your words. Please remember that many care. As one of your blog followers, I'm sending my love to you! My sister has a similar situation, and in one way or the other, reading your blog helped me understood her better. Be strong.

    Actos lawsuit info center

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ada. It warms my heart to know that this blog might bring some insight into what it's like to not only suffer from an eating disorder, but also what it's like and how difficult the journey to recovery is. If my experiences can help just one person to understand, or give strength to another person struggling then this blog will be successful. Thank you for your thoughts, compassion and love.

    ReplyDelete