Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 27

September 11, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: The day I was told I have Osteoporosis. And it wasn't just hearing the news, but it was also the way the news was delivered. The medical doctor took me outside, sat me down, and through his gum chewing said, "You have Osteoperosis, but because of your age we have to call it Osteopenia because you're not post menopause." Then he showed me some charts. All I could think about was him smacking that fucking gum. He didn't even take his sunglasses off. And then I was left to myself to "digest the news". Really? Who says that? He's a doctor for a major eating disorder treatment facility!

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: The sensitivity to temperature. I'm not always too cold. It takes just as much time for me to get too hot as it does for me to get too cold. Living in Seattle, it's colder here so I feel cold all the time. I'm actually dreading the winter. Being cold, it's excruciating. It's deep down in the bone, blue lips, freezing cold. I cry a lot in the winter because of the pain from being cold. I hate being cold. And it's hard on my body because my muscles are constantly tensed up. I'm not looking forward to Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment