Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 30

September 12, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: When one of my sisters apologized to me because she felt so helpless and I had gotten so sick that instead of trying to understand and help me, that she would avoid me so she didn't have to watch me die and she thought if she learned to distance herself from me now then it would be easier for her to deal with my death.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: Body distortion. The fact that I don't see what everyone else does is a mind warp. I just started doing body image work a few weeks ago, so this concept has been really difficult to wrap my brain around. Feeling a little confused. I will be happy when I have a healthier understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment