Monday, September 24, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 39

September 24, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: When a regular IV wasn't a sufficient way to replace potassium and a PICC line was required. One time was enough to never need that again. This is not to say that I have never again had critical electrolytes, but only one time when an IV wouldn't replenish fast enough to either show signs of improving or correct an EKG. They are painful. And I won't ever not miss it.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: Talking about PICC lines. Having memories that revolve around being sick, being in hospitals, being in treatment, traumas, therapies, eating disorders. I'm making me some new, more interesting memories. I've already got a few non eating disordered memories up there and they are ones if the most awesome kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment