Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 40

September 25, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: Thinking I could live forever with an eating disorder. Thinking I could figure out a way to manage life and just keep it under control, just get better enough, just go to therapy enough, just keep a small part of it and I would be ok. I don't miss that way of thinking, it doesn't work out that way. It's never just a little bit of an eating disorder, you don't just kind of live, you kind of die. And dead is dead, even if just a little.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: Having thoughts (at times) that I can give a worth to my eating disorder. Luckily I have people in my life, the best people, who keep me grounded and remind me that no one deserves this, no one is worth this suffering and everyone deserves to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment