Monday, September 3, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 19

September 3, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: Food rules/rituals. I believe, with all the years of therapy and learning about myself and understanding my eating disorder, that the food rituals are out the window. Really, it's not about the food. I hate that saying, but it's kind of true. Ok, it's true. Do I have food fears? Not really. But I think that stems from not knowing what I like. This may change, as I start to switch from a diet that consists of Ensure and Feeding Tube, but I get that it's not the food. I'm afraid of how my body is going to react to solid food on a regular basis but I am not opposed to eating crab cakes from The Dahlia Lounge the first chance I can!

What I'm NOT GOING TO MISS about my eating disorder: Not being able to fully taste food. One of the many little yet annoying side effects ... This why I guess salt intake is regulated in some residential centers ... It's common for recoverees to salt the crap out everything because it's one of the things you can actually taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment