Monday, October 8, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 663

October 8, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: I don't miss giving up playing the piano. Aside from having privileges taken away, there were things I loved to do that my eating disorder caused me to lose interest in. One of those things was the piano. Throughout my life I have been good at many things. Good in school, good in track and sports, good at cooking, good with electronics and computers, but there have only been two things in my life that I have been great at. One of those things was the piano. The other is my eating disorder. I don't miss when I decided to quit playing. Apparently my eating disorder decided there was only room enough for one great talent and crowned itself King by killing my desires to play. :::tsk::: What a dick.

What I'm not going to miss about my eating disorder: Not being recovery minded 24/7 ... I haven't learned yet how to stray from my daily routines and take my recovery with me. When I go on vacation I tend to let my recovery go on vacation as well ... I'm not going to miss these early phases when I'm still figuring it out because it's fucking hard. At times I feel more out of control than when I wasn't on my recovery journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment