Sunday, October 28, 2012

Destination Recover(ed): Day 670

October 26, 2012

What I don't miss about my eating disorder: Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. In fact, my most favorite day every year is the very first time you can smell it in the air. It's the changing of the season, the crisp air swirled with smell of people warming their homes with a burning fire, the earthy smell of rain and Autumn leaves ... you can actually smell the change in the air! I absolutely love it, for that day marks the beginning of all the upcoming holidays, which is another all time favorite time for me! All the shopping, Christmas carols, decorations, baking, family time ...

I don't miss when I couldn't partake in all the festivities, wouldn't allow myself a hit steaming cup of cider. When it was too much to help decorate because I couldn't find the energy or strength to even walk around. I so look forward to enjoying this year and having the strength to really be present!

No comments:

Post a Comment