Thursday, September 26, 2013

Eating Disorder Recovery Testimonial

Rachel has a warmth and openness to her that is very healing. I felt extremely wary our first appointment, wanting her to just hand me a meal plan and tell me what to do. This process has been so much more than that. The work I have done with Rachel has had such an impact on all parts of my life; with her support, I've learned new ways to relate to food, my relationships, and to myself. Like anything truly worth doing, it has been painful, difficult, and incredibly liberating. I have never felt judged by Rachel, no matter what I tell her or what progress I do or don't make each week. She always knows when to push and challenge me, while also teaching me to be kind and understanding with myself. I never thought I would learn how to trust and accept my own wants and needs, and without her help I think I would still think it was impossible. Those first steps to self-acceptance finally came when I realized that Rachel trusted me and believed I could recover, even when I didn't trust or believe in myself-- and that has made all the difference.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nk25uErlM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX4nk25uErlM

No comments:

Post a Comment