Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recovery Day Program Patient Testimonial



Ramey Nutrition is a good fit from my recovery because theprogram allows me to live in a real world setting while being in the recoveryprocess. Yes, I will admit, this hasn’t been anywhere near easy and I believethat is why I have had an intense time adjusting to there being more “freedom”with my recovery. This is something that I am DEFINITELY not used to with onlyexperiencing inpatient, residential and Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP).When I did go to another program, it was acclaimed to be PHP, although it feltmore like I was trapped in a place and I HAD to recover. Being here at RameyNutrition I have the choice to recover. I am scared shitless of gaining weight,fearful of finding my true self. Having those feelings come up, having to facethem is something I am going to experience while I recover. It’s not going tobe easy or fun, and I am ready to be uncomfortable with eating and keeping fooddown. I am taking the next step to gain weight because I want my lifeback. I want to live, be happy, and spend time with my family.
I WANT LIFE AND I WANT ME BACK!!!!
            I am going to do everything in mypower to get that back. By committing myself to that, I WILL:
·        Eat
·        Gainweight
·        Goto therapy
·        Workmy ass off day in and day out, every second to be closer to life
·        Bereal, honest, open, authentic
·        Havedifficult days, struggle AND get through them, continuing to push forward
I am tired of dying and I am going to start living byreviving myself and I truly believe without a doubt that Ramey Nutrition is theplace for recovery and regaining my life back.

-         A.D.
Ramey Nutrition Recovery Day Program Patient



No comments:

Post a Comment